Dear [Your Manager’s Name],
I am writing to you to ask you consider taking an important step that will make [Name of Organisation] more sustainable within our sector. Many organisations within our sector are already supplying their staff members with sustainability training and I firmly believe that the weekly, bite sized e-learning, Going Green can supply through their Academy, will be useful for all staff members across the organisation.
As a company we must be taking action to play our part to fight climate change. Due to the urgency of the situation we must all make the effort to learn of the crisis’ complexity. This knowledge will allow us to improve the decisions we make throughout all levels of the organisation, to become more sustainable and avoid greenwashing.
Again, I would like to draw your attention to the Going Green Academy. The Academy is the UK’s green training subscription service, that will help us to future proof the organisation. Their training covers a range of topics including how will climate change affect your business, the benefits of making sustainable choices, how to get to net zero and how to market your green credentials to your audience and stakeholders.
This knowledge comes from a range of sources including guest presenters, scientists, celebrities, and experts for every area of environmentalism, climate and sustainability, and the training is always accessible and applicable to everyone. I believe that the Going Green Academy training would be perfect for our organisation, as:
- It is accessible for all, meaning everyone in the organisation has the same opportunities to learn
- It has a holistic approach which allows us to understand every topic surrounding climate change, sustainability and the environment
- The training will help to guide us throughout the whole process of our sustainable journey, and will help us to avoid organisation-damaging greenwashing
- The information received will come from a range of scientists, experts and presenters who have a broad range of in-depth knowledge surrounding a large number of topics
- We can tailor the training we receive from their video library of over 150 micro-courses
I hope you will consider the information in this email as a positive step in the right direction to become a sustainable organisation. If you do give your approval, I would like to suggest that you reach out to Cheryl Hughes/Craig Smith, at Going Green, who will be happy to discuss this training further.
Thank you for taking the time to read my email, and I look forward to receiving any news regarding your thoughts.