Co-Founder and COO
To prevent surplus food from going to waste, Olio, a food sharing app, connects neighbours and local businesses in order to share unwanted, edible food.
The app is also used to prevent the waste of non-food household items as well.
To share your item, all you have to do is set up an account on the app, and add an image and description of your item, as well as your location.
- Saasha has had a deep appreciation for the planet all of her life
- Being part of the creation of Olio has meant the app has over 6 million users and over 50 million portions of food have been shared
- Business Insider called he one of the UK’s ‘coolest female founders’
- She is working towards making Olio international by 2025 in order to reduce food waste significantly
- Olio had a boost during the Covid-19 pandemic as communities looked for ways to help others, which included sharing food with others