COP27 is the 27th Conference of the Parties and is part of the 30th anniversary of the adoption of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change. COP27, is to be held in Sharm El-Sheikh, Egypt, allowing Africa to show its leadership in climate action.
COP27 will run from the 6th to the 18th of November 2022, and 90 heads of state have already registered their attendance. As well as members of the Press, member of the public and representatives of observer organisations, including IGOs and NGOs.
The event will cover a large range of topics concerning many aspects of climate change and many of these topics have specific days designated to them due to their importance. The schedule is as follows:
- Wednesday 9th of November – Finance Day
- Thursday 10th of November – Science Day; and Youth and Future Generations Day
- Friday 11th of November – Decarbonisation Day
- Saturday 12th of November – Adaption and Agriculture Day
- Monday 14th of November – Gender Day; and Water Day
- Tuesday 15th of November – Age and Civil Society Day; and Energy Day
- Wednesday 16th of November – Biodiversity Day
- Thursday 17th of November – Solutions Day