Homeowners, organisations, and businesses can all benefit by adding a
solar battery to an existing system.
There are many benefits that enhance the overall efficiency, reliability, and cost-effectiveness of the system. The main benefits include:
- Energy Storage: A solar battery will allow you to store any excess energy you generate. This energy can then be used during periods where energy isn’t being generated such as at night or on cloudy days. This helps to reduce your reliance on the grid.
- Increased Self-Consumption: Storing energy will increase your self-consumption rate. Instead of feeding the excess energy back to the grid you can use it yourself. This will save on your electricity bills and increasing the efficiency of your existing system.
- Energy Independence: Storing energy can increase your energy independence. During power outages your existing solar system will continue to supply power to critical loads. Giving you a peace of mind and helping you to avoid any disruptions.
- Time-of-Use Optimisation: In regions that have a time-of-use electricity rates, a solar battery can help you to optimise your energy use. make sure to charge the battery during off-peak hours, when electricity is cheaper, to be discharged and used during peak hours, when electricity is more expensive. This will ultimately help to reduce your energy costs.
- Grid Support: Solar batteries can provide support to the grid in a number of ways, including peak shaving and grid stabilisation. When the demand for electricity is high, solar batteries can reduce the stress on the grid, which can help to prevent power outages.
- Environmental Impact: Using and storing solar energy efficiently will reduce your reliance on fossil fuels. Which will lower your greenhouse gas emission sand help you to contribute to a more sustainable future.
- Financial Incentives: Depending on your location, financial incentives, rebates, or tax credits may be available for those who have a solar battery installed. These financial incentives can help to offset the initial investment.
- Long-Term Savings: Solar batteries can lead to long-term savings as they can help to reduce your energy bills and they also have the ability to potentially increase the lifespan of existing solar panels.
- Feed in Tariff: For those who are paid to generate electricity, there is no change in the payments you receive, providing no changes are made to the original system. Fitting an AC Coupled inverter alongside the batteries mean you benefit from all of the electricity your panels produce and still get paid for making it.
- Adds Value: Adding a solar battery to your property, also adds value to it. Adding renewable technologies also improves a buildings EPC rating, meaning the buiding will be put in a higher energy efficieny band. According to the insurance company, Admiral, a home that is relying on solar energy could see their house price increase 25%.
For more information regarding solar batteries click the icons below to view the section that is relevant to you: